Monday, September 14, 2009

Catechists and RCIA Facilitators Commissioned


September 13 - Today, our parish celebrated Catechetical Sunday with the Rite of Commissioning of our team of Catechists and RCIA Facilitators. We are truly thankful for these dedicated faith sharers and for the sacrifices they've made to be part of the Church's mission and ministry in imparting or "handing down" the living faith of the church to our children and new members. May God continue to guide them and bless them.

Prayer of the Catechists/ RCIA Facilitator


God of all ages,
You send out your Spirit to touch the hearts of people
So that they may believe in you and in Jesus, whom you sent.

Look kindly on all the children and catechumens you entrust to us
As they listen to your voice open their hearts to your Spirit
And bring to fulfillment the good work you have begun in them.

As I reach out to guide, teach and welcome
Our children and new members into the church,
Make me an instrument of your love.
Teach me to reverence what is holy in others,
And to be patient with what I do not understand.
Deepen my faith in the gospel and in the Church’s teachings
And help me to pass it on by word and example.
To those who are hesitant or afraid, let me offer encouragement
For those who are weak, let me be a source of strength.

I humbly accept the ministry of Catechist/ RCIA facilitator
And pray that you will continue to guide me and sustain me.
I praise you through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terms of Use: As additional measure for security, please sign in before you leave your comments.

Please note that foul language will not be tolerated. Comments that include profanity, personal attacks, and antisocial behaviour such as "spamming" and "trolling" will be removed. Violators run the risk of being blocked permanently. You are fully responsible for the content you post. Please be responsible and stay on topic.